Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Random thoughts

    So, my usual post consists primarily of pictures of Adeline, but lately I keep thinking of random things that aren't really that interesting, but perhaps blogworthy. I have many friends that do it, so I thought I would give it a try.

    1. Since we have lived in our apartment we have had 3 different evenings of being kept awake by a helicopter that is circling our building for a LONG time! The last time this happened, it was because there was a crazy man on someone's roof throwing tiles at the people below. He ended up jumping off the 2-story roof and getting attacked by a police dog. Really, did they need a helicopter for that? Anyway, the third time sounds like it might be tonight. It keeps flying overhead, hopefully the drama will be over before we go to bed.

    2. The number one battle in our household is trying to get Adeline to eat new foods. She used to eat anything, but since we have lived here she just wants to stick to her fruit and chicken nuggets! We try the "just try it one time" angle, but that doesn't work. We have even bribed her with fruit, but to no avail. Well, four different times this week Adeline has tried new foods - even vegetables! We were at the grocery store today and I was asking her if she would eat any of the canned vegetables. Of course she said "no" UNTIL we saw it... Elmo Green Beans! Del Monte is genius and has put Sesame Street characters on their canned vegetables (and then charges twice the price). But, at this point, I am willing to try anything! So I sucked it up, spent the $1/can and we came home, made the beans (and even sang the "la la la la, la la la la, Elmo Beans" song!) and she ate them! Praise the Lord - whatever works!!!

    3. Jeff and I are watching the last season of 24 right now - it's really good! I hope the strike doesn't last much longer because we are really looking forward to Season 7.

    4. Adeline's 2nd birthday is this Saturday. We decided to have a little party for her at a local park that has a huge duck pond, playground, train and carousel. I'm pretty sure I'm more excited about it than she is, but every day she does say "birthday party...ducks...slide". She knows what's coming!

    5. The pregnancy is going well. I have felt wonderful for a few weeks now - it's like a different world compared to the first trimester. We will hopefully find out next week what we are having and absolutely can't wait!

    6. I mentioned in an earlier post that we are now making weekly trips to the public library. Anyone have any suggestions for good reading, for myself or Adeline?

    I guess that's all for now. I hope it wasn't too boring for all of you!
    « Home | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »

    21/1/08 10:51 PM

    well when little a gets older amellia bedelllia is a must!    



    22/1/08 5:03 AM

    Andrea, I love reading your updates! I laughed so hard about the Elmo green beans! I'm a big reader, so I could tell you a bunch but I recommend the Mark of the Lion Trilogy by Francine Rivers. (anything by her, really) Recently I've read Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. We miss y'all in the 'bul!    



    22/1/08 8:02 PM

    My daughter has had the same problem with her daughter (who is 2-1/2) and on Sunday we had taco soup, but Sydney won't eat it, so she got chicken fingers. She wanted some Fritos, so her Mom told her she had to eat a 'bean' from her soup first, and she did! I was so expecting her to spit it out. So hang in there!    



    22/1/08 11:08 PM

    I suggest an amazing book called Click Clack, Moo Cows that Type. Also, a good book to read in many different accents is Bow Wow, Meow Meow. Just some thoughts.    



    23/1/08 8:49 AM

    Love your blog! I'm actually typing with Karis on my lap at the library! So glad you guys found the library! We went to story time yesterday and are going again today! So fun! Hey! Congratulations on expecting again! My friend Beth from Turkey is expecting, too, May, I think! Andy's ready to get on board with the whole baby thing again, too, but we have no names left that we agree on and no insurance either so far for maternity, but maybe someday! Okay, Karis is being very patient but I should go! So fun to see your blog! Glad you all are doing well! Sorry about the helicopter visits to your apt! We're actually moving to the same apartment complex Phil and Laura are living at this weekend and I heard there was a cocaine raid there! Fun fun!
    Miss you! Lots of love!
    Katie and the Langdon crew    



    24/1/08 3:25 PM

    I must say that even at 4 1/2 Hayden is back into a phase where he only wants certain things. It passed for a while but now it's back. I keep hearing that it will pass again...so hang in there. Also, as for books, we also like Click Clack Moo, Cows that type...as well as all of the pigeon books (dont let the pigeon drive the bus; the pigeon and the hot dog, and there are two others.) They're really cute. Love reading your blog! Thanks for sharing!! Miss ya!Kari    



    25/1/08 8:24 PM

    Happy birthday to little a!! As for books - I just read A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini - it's a sad book and a little hard to read sometimes (due to sadness), but good.
    I miss you friend. Glad to hear all is well. Congrats on the Elmo green beans - what will they think of next?! much love to you! :)ai    



    » Post a Comment