Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Don't Speak

    I know this blog has become a photo album of Adeline, but we hope to share little snapshots of the culture we live in as well. There is a law in Turkey that says you cannot speak, in any way, against the country, it's leaders (past or present) or the government. Read this story about a Turkish author who learned first hand what not to say, in word or in print.
    « Home | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »

    26/9/06 11:41 PM

    Hey Jeff and Andrea. This is Eric from this summer. I hope all is going well with you. Adeline is looking as cute as always. In a very wierd sort of way, I kind of miss having Adeline spitting up on me. I guess that shows how much I like children, and how much she took a piece of my heart. I'm actually writing to see if you can help me out. I'm sending out a prayer update every day of Ramadan for people to pray though this month. I was wondering if you could e-mail me something I could use for an update. It could be something Turkey specific, but maybe more muslim specific would be better. You both have a great insight into the the muslim worldview, no matter how nominal it is, that would be of great benefit to you. Also, you can add some personal prayer requests specific to Ramadan so that we can pray for you as well. If you could do this, that would be great. My e-mail address is thephatchef@gmail.com . Thanks for your help.    



    » Post a Comment