Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Words that bless my heart

    The new thing around our house is working on sentences! I know, Adeline is a little young to be getting grammar lessons, but she asks for them! She is really determined to make sentences, and not just a few words grouped together, but a correct sentence, like Mama and Baba "does". Needless to say, she is a talker. You probably wouldn't think so if you met her for the first time, or haven't been around her much at home, but she really is! So, tonight she was getting out of the bathtub and following the timeless quote "don't tee-tee on the floor" (we're in potty training mode) Adeline was wrapped up in her towel giving me a big hug (which is customary following the bath, she wants to stay warm) and she just comes right out and says "Addy loves mama." My heart is melting even as I type this. She's said "I love you" a thousand times before, but usually it's in response to us saying it or asking her to say it. This time was different, this time it was straight from her little heart. I'm often impressed with things she picks up on or new words she uses, but it really doesn't get any better than those three words... Addy loves mama.
    « Home | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »

    21/2/08 8:33 PM

    that was so sweet!    



    22/2/08 8:47 AM

    I know exactly what you mean! For the longest time, Reagan wouldn't even repeat I love you back to us... it was like she was not saying it on purpose, because believe me she will say just about anything else! But two nights ago when I was putting her to bed, I said I love you Reagan and gave her a kiss. She wrapped her arms around my neck as tight as she could and said, I love you mom! Earlier that day she had said it for the very first time (to anyone) to my dad on the phone, and then to my mom, and then later to Ryan. So I was so thrilled to finally hear those words directed to me!    



    22/2/08 10:49 AM

    That's such a fun moment!

    I love grammar. Too bad I'm not there. I'd relish the opportunity to teach Adeline how to diagram sentences! ;)    



    14/3/08 7:29 AM

    What a sweet heart!! I love your hair...I just got mine cut last week and it looks just like it! How random! :)
    Thanks for keeping your blog current. It's great to catch up with your family. Don't look at my blog...I got nothing, but in two weeks hopefully I'll have some Dan & Amy stories from Turkey to share with the world. :)
    Love you friend, :) amy    



    » Post a Comment