Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Not Me! Monday

    I'm sure some of you ladies will understand when I tell you that there are a few (just a few) blogs that I read daily, even though I have no clue who they really belong to. One of my absolute favorites is MckMama's blog about her "charming kids" (4 under the age of 4!!!) and her Prince Charming of a husband. I have prayed for her and her little baby, Stellan many nights and it is just a really fun read!

    So, in honor of MckMama, here is my first attempt at Not Me! Monday. In her own words, "Not Me! Monday was born out of a desire to admit some of our imperfections and reveal a few moments we'd rather forget. 

Why? Well, for one, because it's just plain fun to pretend that we really did not do the things that we actually so did do. And, two, because reading through great tales of other people's Not Me! Mondays each week is a great way to level the playing field. We're all human, we all take embarrassing shortcuts, and so we may as well show each other that we're all in good company!"


    First and foremost, I do not have anything else to be doing right now as I spend the girls' naptime blogging!

    I was not excited at all this week for The Bachelor and 24 to start back up and I definitely did not tape both of them to ensure I wouldn't miss a second. (I also did not just use the word "tape" as a verb because I am a child of the 80's and 90's and haven't adjusted to using the acronym DV-R as a verb!)

    I did not cry my eyes out watching this video and proceed to pray hard for Angie and a few friends who have experienced this tremendous loss over the past few years.

    I most certainly did not consider attending my first MOPS meeting last week, and then did not chicken out at the last minute because I wasn't too excited about walking into a building full of ladies I don't know and leaving my kids with people I've never met. Not me!

    Does anyone else have this problem? I am not losing all of my hair due to crazy post-baby hormones! This did not happen after having A as well, but this time it seems much, much worse.

    I did not let L experience the sippy cup for the first time this week, and did not get sad at all because she is growing up too fast!!!



    Along those lines, I did not have my husband get up and give L her paci back at 7:30am one morning (okay... multiple mornings) because I wanted to sleep a little bit longer! And, I did not get just a little bit jealous that L is saying "Baba" all the time and "Mama" is nowhere in sight! (Yes, I realize she doesn't know what she is saying, but she will soon!)

    And, finally, J and I did not watch The Net 2.0 this weekend and I did not miss Istanbul at all and even wonder, "why did we leave again??"!!! Nope, not me!!!
    « Home | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »

    12/1/09 3:29 PM

    YEAH! Isn't it so much fun! So glad that you decided to join in on the madness. I've already had a few Not Me! moments today, so I'm pretty sure I will be playing along again next week.
    Miss you guys!    



    12/1/09 7:30 PM

    I loved this post! I'm with ya on the bachelor (why is DeAnna coming back????) and MOPS - I've backed out for months now! We really should live closer!    



    » Post a Comment