Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

So Very Thankful

    The girls at Halloween - pretty princesses.

    It's been 6 months since I posted last!!! So, so sorry about that! I hope to get back into posting soon, but I've said that before, haven't I??

    Well, I did want to post today, Thanksgiving, because we all need to remind ourselves of what we are and should be thankful for. A lot has happened in our lives since May, and the most important thing I am thankful for is God's provision in our lives. Even in really hard times, He is always right here with us promising to never leave or forsake us. Seriously, I can't imagine not being able to lean upon that!

    So, since May we have celebrated birthdays, gone on vacation, survived a few illnesses (nothing serious), had family visit us in Arizona, changed churches, started a new school year (for Jeff), spent many days at the park and enjoyed some great family time. We also have learned a ton about ourselves and our Lord through the loss of two babies. I could go on and on about the things I have learned, and am still learning every day through these experiences. I know that people tend to hold onto their "We're Expecting!" announcements til after the first trimester, just to make sure everything is "okay". With Adeline and Lylah, we did just that. Only a small handful of people knew we were pregnant before 10 or 12 weeks. But, this fall I have completely changed my perspective. As conservative, followers of Christ, we say that we believe that a baby is a baby from the moment of conception. But, then we treat miscarriage as something that is so common, it isn't really a big deal. Well, I know that if one of my babies (Adeline or Lylah) were sick or in some sort of danger, I would want everyone I know (and don't know for that matter) praying for them. So, why wouldn't I ask the same for that sweet baby that may only be 4 or 5 or 6 weeks old in my belly? I should ask! And, I am...

    We are expecting, again! It has been quite a rollercoaster and we know that it may not be over, but we would really appreciate your prayers for our precious little baby, that the Lord would see fit to allow him/her to make it to full-term. May He get all the glory for this baby's life, inside and outside of the womb. (By the way, I am due July 15th.)

    And lastly, a list of a few other things I am thankful for today:

    *My wonderful, patient, caring husband of almost 9 years!
    *Our sweet girls.
    *Our families who are very, very far away.
    *Our church family.
    *Pumpkin pie (it is my favorite food)!
    *Morning/All day sickness (I will never complain again about it - Praise God that I am feeling bad)!
    *The dishwasher.

    There are so many more, but this is probably long enough. Thank you for reading and praying.
    « Home | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »

    26/11/09 9:00 PM

    You guys know how much I/we love you! I am thrilled to hear (publicly) the new news, and I am so very sorry for all that you have been through these last few months. I will be praying that this pregnancy goes to full term to deliver a beautiful, healthy, strong baby! Keep in touch, and let us know if there is anything that we can do.
    PS... We're hoping to be a few months behind you once again!!!    



    27/11/09 9:38 PM

    I am so glad you wrote this and shared what's been going on. I am so thankful for our friendship and the chats we've been able to have these past few months. Praying for you, your family and of course, the baby!    



    8/12/09 8:11 AM

    Oh wow, I got choked up reading this post. I completely understand what you were saying about treating a miscarriage as common and not a big deal. It's so painful. I'm so sorry you lost another sweet baby. I'm also very excited that you are pregnant again. I pray that you are able to enjoy this pregnancy without fear. I'll also be praying for the sweet little life inside you to grow healthy and strong and make it to term. YAY!!!    



    13/12/09 9:34 AM

    Praying for you, sister, as you continue to process and grieve these recent losses, and celebrate and hope for the continued life growing inside of you. Thanks for sharing. God is most definitely glorified by this little one's life right now. Love you! (If you haven't already, you should consider having a little memorial, just you and Jeff, to say goodbye to the two little babies. It helped me immensely to acknowledge the depth of loss.)    



    » Post a Comment