Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Adeline is 3 - Part 1

    In honor of Adeline's 3rd birthday on Monday, I thought I would devote a few posts to our sweet little girl (one of them). She says some funny and clever stuff, although, most of the time I completely forget to write it down and inevitably forget what was said. But, for your reading pleasure, here are two of her classics!

    The other day I could hear Jeff and Adeline playing with Lylah in her room. Many of you already know this, but Jeff loves to speak Turkish! We've been in the states for over a year and a half, but he still speaks Turkish almost every day (even if no one knows what he is saying or we just respond in English). So, this morning, Jeff was on a Turkish kick and would not speak English to Adeline, only Turkish. Adeline knows a few Turkish words and phrases, but Jeff kept asking her question after question in Turkish. So, the conversation goes...

    J: Ne haber, Adeline? Ne yapiyorsun? etc...
    A: No, Baba.... No, Baba!
    J: Adeline, I'm just speaking Turkish to you.
    A: No, Baba. Don't speak Turkish, speak clearly!

    Tonight, Jeff and Adeline read the story of Zachaeus in her Bible and he taught her a little song to go with the story. I was in the other room feeding Lylah and she came to tell me good night and sing the song to me. It went a little like this:

    Zachaeus was a wee little man, a wee little man was he.
    He climbed up in a sycamore tree, for the Lord he wanted to see.
    And, when Jesus passed that way, he looked up in the tree.
    And he said, "Ikea, come down!"

    Then she started cracking up at herself...

    Ikea??? Not Ikea! That's that place where we go and buy stuff and eat dinner.

    And she continued...

    And he said, "Zachaeus, come down! For I'm going to your house today"
    « Home | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »

    2/2/09 3:24 PM

    LOL -- thanks for making my day! Although reading this makes me miss you guys even more. Lots of love to everyone.    



    » Post a Comment